After the official regular army, the TA (Territorial Army Exam) is the nation’s secondary defence force. The Territorial Army, unlike the full-time regular army, is made up of soldiers who only serve for a few months each year. In order to be considered for the services, applicants must meet all of the TA eligibility requirements.
The most crucial fact to remember about the Territorial Army is that it is a part-time commitment to serve the country. It isn’t a full-time job for anyone. Every year, Territorial Army Officers are required to serve for 1-2 months. It is not a common occupation or source of income. As a result, it’s akin to having part-time work.
The Territorial Army is made up of several different types of forces that help in various ways, such as:
- Infantry Battalions,
- Ecological Task Force,
- General Hospital Units,
- Home and Hearth Infantry,
- Air Defense Artillery,
- Railway Industrial Units, and many more.
TA Eligibility Criteria 2023
Following are the eligibility criteria of the Territorial Army, in brief, the applying candidate must check the detailed one before submitting the forms.
- Citizenship- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit– The candidate should be of an age between 19 and 42 years, on the date of application.
- Educational Qualification- The candidate should at least have done graduation or its equivalent.
- Bodily Strength- The candidate should be both physically and mentally healthy.
- Employment Standing-
- Self-employment, or
- Gainful employment- The candidate should already have a full-time and reliable paid job, or
- Mainstay civilian professions- This includes people involved in the necessary community work like Accountants, doctors, para-medical, etc.
- Ex-servicemen- The Ex-service officers who qualify the age criteria and have desired physical/mental fitness are eligible to apply for the Territorial Army.
- Not Eligible- The people who are currently serving in the Regular Army, Navy force, Air Force, Police, GREF (General Reserve Engineer Force), Para Military and other such forces are not allowed to apply for TA.
Territorial Army Exam Application Process 2023
The application form is available at the official website of the Territorial Army https://www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in/. The form has to be filled within the mentioned deadline only or you will lose the opportunity. The Application Fee for all the candidates is INR 200.
Territorial Army Exam Selection Process
The TA posts job openings based on whether they are looking for male or female candidates. As previously stated, the selection process for civilian officers and ex-servicemen differs, as follows:
Officer Civilians TA Selection Process 2023
Step 1 – Screening stage (Written and Interview):
Candidates who applied for the TA exam are invited to a screening. There are two sorts of exams in this category. The written exam will assess reasoning, elementary mathematics, general knowledge, and language retention. The interview round, which is conducted by the Preliminary Interview Board, is the second step (PIB).
Step 2 – Service Selection Board (SSB) examination:
Selected candidates will have to give tests conducted by SSB.
Step 3 – Medical Examination:
Selected candidates will thereafter be subjected to a thorough health examination and medical evaluation of the physical body in accordance with Military Hospital standards.
Ex-servicemen TA Selection Process 2023
The ex-servicemen will be put to the test by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB), which will be convened at the Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defense, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001. Following that, the candidates must undergo a medical check-up at the Armed Forces Clinic. After all of these operations, the final step is to verify them.
Exam Pattern of Territorial Army
This national level examination is conducted in two stages for two different categories:
A. For Civilians –
They can fill the online application form available on the official website. There are three stages to qualify one after the, which are as follows:
- Screening stage (Written Exam and Preliminary Interview)
- Service Selection Board (SSB) interview
- Medical Examination of the physical standard by Military Hospital
For Ex-servicemen – Only Interview
- Exam Duration -Each paper is held for 2 hours (for Civilians only)
- Exam Type -Objective questions type- OMR based paper (for Civilians only)
- The written exam is only for Civilians. There are two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. And, each paper will be of 100 marks. So, in total, the whole written test is of 200 marks.
- Each paper will be further divided into two parts. Each section of the paper will comprise of 50questions carrying 50 marks (1 mark per question)
- The paper pattern for the written exam is given below in detail.
|Name of the sections||Marks per section||Marks per Paper||Total marks of the Written Exam|
|Paper 1||Logical Reasoning||50||100|
|Paper 1||Elementary Mathematics||50||200|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||50||100|
|Paper 2||English Language||50|
Territorial Army Syllabus of Written Exam
Following is the detailed TA Exam syllabus for both papers of the written exam.
Paper 1 – Syllabus Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
- Duration of the Exam – 2 hours,
- The number of ques. – 50 + 50 = 100 questions, Marks – 100
Section 1 Reasoning Ability Syllabus
|Logical Problems||Number Series|
|Analytical Reasoning||Cause and Effect|
|Statement and Conclusion||Verbal Classification|
|Logical Deduction||Data Interpretation|
|Letter and Symbol Series||Statement and Argument|
Section 2 Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
|Number sense and numeration||Profit and Loss|
|Simple Equations||Problems on HCF and LCM|
|Elementary Number Theory||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Distances||Compound Interest|
|Average||Boats and cisterns|
Paper 2 Syllabus General Knowledge and English
- Duration of the Exam – 2 hours,
- The number of ques. – 50 + 50 = 100 questions, Total Marks – 100
Section 1 General Knowledge Syllabus
|International Events||Science and Technology|
|Literature- Famous Books and Authors||Fiscal and Monetary Awareness|
|Constitution of India||Inventions and Discoveries|
|Indian Politics||Gen. Science|
|Indian Geography||Famous days in History|
|Sports||Art and Culture|
Section 2- English Syllabus
|Vocabulary||Fill in the blanks|
|Sentence corrections||Error Spotting|
|One-word substitutions||Spelling check|
|Idioms and Phrases||Sentence Completion|
|Active and Passive Voice||Sentence Arrangement|
More About the Exam of TA
- Level of the Question paper – The paper’s mathematical problems will be at the matriculation level (i.e. 10th standard). The graduation level will serve as the standard of complexity for the other three areas (reasoning, general knowledge, and English).
- Application fee – Rs 200 is the fee for the application in the Territorial Army services.
- Negative Marking – Yes, there is a negative marking for every wrong answer in the exam. And, for every right answer, 1 mark will be allotted to the candidate.
- Qualifying Marks – The qualifying marks for the written exam of Territorial Army is 40% in each unit. And, on average, the total marks should be at least 50%.
Territorial Army Salary Scale
The Territorial Army pay scale 2021 mentioned is according to the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC):
|Military Rank||Level||Pay Matrix||Military Service Pay|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||Rs 56,100 – 1,77,500||Rs 15,500|
|Captain||Level 10A||Rs 6,13,00-1,93,900||Rs 15,500|
|Major||Level 11||Rs 6,94,00 – 2,07,200||Rs 15,500|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||Rs 1,21,200 – 2,12400||Rs 15,500|
|Colonel||Level 13||Rs 1,30,600- 2,15,900||Rs 15,500|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||Rs 1,39,600-2,17,600||Rs 15,500|
Follow Us On Youtube-
Cover Your All Syllabus with Score Better
Join Us on Telegram For More Update