Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana – PMGKAY
Recently the Government of India has released the data related to Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY). The Government of India has stated that 16 states / Union Territories have taken 100 percent food grains for May 2021 under PMGKAY. In addition, the Food Corporation of India has supplied 31.80 LMT free food grains to the States / Union Territories under PMGKAY.
Key Points of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY)
- As of May 17, 2021, all 36 states / union territories have raised 31.80 lakh metric tonnes of food grains from Food Corporation of India.
- The Union Territory of Lakshadweep has taken full allocated food grains for May and June 2021.
- At the same time 15 states / union territories viz. Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Ladakh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Tripura also for May 2021. Have received 100 percent of the allocated food grains.
- All the States / Union Territories have been made aware by the Government of India to receive and distribute free food grains in a time bound manner under PMGKAY.
- It is noteworthy that the Government of India will bear the entire expenditure of more than Rs 26,000 crores for the cost of foodgrains and inter-state transport etc. as part of the Central Assistance to the States / UTs.
What is the Prime poor welfare package (PMGKP)?
- Covid -19 Prime poor welfare package by the Government to tackle the epidemic of challenges’ (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package-introduced this week went to March 2020. There are three schemes under it-
- Insurance Scheme for Health Workers
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Details of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY):
- Covid-19 ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna by the Government of India to meet the challenges of epidemic The scheme ‘(Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana- PMGKAY) was approved in March 2020.
- In fact, the scheme was launched as a part of the ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package – PMGKP’.
- Under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana’ (PMGKAY), every person is provided free grain in addition to the 5 kg subsidized food grains provided under the ‘National Food Security Act- NFSA’.
- This quantity of extra free grain is 5 kg.
The ‘National Food Security Act- 2013’:
(National Food Security Act-NFSA), the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 aims to lead a dignified life by providing a sufficient quantity of good quality food grains at affordable prices to the people. The life-cycle approach consists of providing food and nutritional security. The eligible person is provided 5 kg of food grains per person per month at affordable prices of Rs. 3/2/1 per kg. Of rice / wheat / coarse grains respectively. Existing Antyodaya Anna Yojana families, which include the poorest people, are provided 35 kg of food grains per family per month.
You Can Follow on Youtube – Score Better
Read More Article of Government Schemes & Projects